Six People Hurt in Suffolk County Flip-Over Accident
A Bellport man was arrested in East Patchogue following a flip-over crash involving a 1998 GMC box truck and a 2022 Dodge Charger. The GMC was traveling eastbound on Brookhaven Avenue when it was struck by the Dodge Charger traveling southbound on Americus Avenue. The impact of the collision caused the GMC to overturn, ejecting the driver and his two passengers, including a child, from the truck. Six people total were injured in the crash.
Understanding liability in T-bone accidents
T-bone collisions, also known as side-impact or broadside collisions, are among the most dangerous and deadly types of accidents on the road. In these crashes, one vehicle strikes the side of another at a perpendicular angle, often resulting in severe injuries and property damage.
Here are some common causes of T-bone accidents:
- Failure to yield: Many T-bone collisions occur at intersections when one driver fails to yield the right-of-way to another vehicle, often due to distracted driving, rushing or ignoring traffic signals.
- Running red lights: Drivers who run red lights increase the risk of T-bone collisions, especially when other vehicles have the green light or right-of-way.
- Stop sign violations: Failing to stop at stop signs can lead to T-bone collisions, as vehicles entering the intersection from different directions may collide.
- Inadequate visibility: Poor weather conditions, obstructed views or blind spots can make it challenging for drivers to notice oncoming vehicles, leading to T-bone accidents.
- Speeding: Excessive speed reduces a driver’s ability to react quickly to changing road conditions, increasing the likelihood of T-bone collisions.
Drivers are expected to obey all rules of the road and avoid harming others. If their failure to obey traffic laws results in actual injury to others, they may be held liable for negligence.
When you’re injured in a T-bone collision, call the knowledgeable auto accident attorneys at Jakubowski, Robertson, Maffei, Goldsmith & Tartaglia, LLP to learn more about your legal options.